by the DC Patriot
With all the excitement in the political world lately, what is normally one of the biggest concerns for Republicans has been pushed to the side – the 2nd Amendment.
The Biden Campaign’s updated website contains a comprehensive list of new gun policies that the radical left has surely had a hand in drafting.
To name a few, the Biden-Harris Administration intends to implement some of the most intrusive 2nd Amendment laws ever proposed in the United States.
Directly from JoeBiden.com
Hold gun manufacturers accountable. In 2005, then-Senator Biden voted against the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, but gun manufacturers successfully lobbied Congress to secure its passage. This law protects these manufacturers from being held civilly liable for their products – a protection granted to no other industry. Biden will prioritize repealing this protection.
Get weapons of war off our streets. The bans on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines that Biden, along with Senator Feinstein, secured in 1994 reduced the lethality of mass shootings. But, in order to secure the passage of the bans, they had to agree to a 10-year sunset provision and when the time came, the Bush Administration failed to extend them.
As president, Biden will:
- Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Federal law prevents hunters from hunting migratory game birds with more than three shells in their shotgun. That means our federal law does more to protect ducks than children. It’s wrong. Joe Biden will enact legislation to once again ban assault weapons. This time, the bans will be designed based on lessons learned from the 1994 bans. For example, the ban on assault weapons will be designed to prevent manufacturers from circumventing the law by making minor changes that don’t limit the weapon’s lethality.
- While working to pass this legislation, Biden will also use his executive authority to ban the importation of assault weapons.
- Regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act. Currently, the National Firearms Act requires individuals possessing machine-guns, silencers, and short-barreled rifles to undergo a background check and register those weapons with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Due to these requirements, such weapons are rarely used in crimes. As president, Biden will pursue legislation to regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act.
- Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.
- Reduce stockpiling of weapons. In order to reduce the stockpiling of firearms, Biden supports legislation restricting the number of firearms an individual may purchase per month to one.
We encourage you to see the full list before November 3rd.
One of the most interesting proposals, however, is this one:
- Close the “hate crime loophole.” Biden will enact legislation prohibiting an individual “who has been convicted of a misdemeanor hate crime, or received an enhanced sentence for a misdemeanor because of hate or bias in its commission” from purchasing or possessing a firearm.
If they are able to execute their plan of controlling the Senate, the Supreme Court, and the Executive Branch, the radical left will be left in charge to decide what constitutes a hate crime – the definitions of a “hate crime” will undoubtedly become very fluid. This means that people like AOC and Nancy Pelosi will decide who can and cannot own a firearm.
Lastly, an important one for current gun-owners to look out for is being called the “AR-15 Tax.”
Biden’s gun agenda also includes a proposal that could cost AR-15 owners $3.6 billion in taxes for guns they already own. The proposal could require every AR-15 rifle be registered under the National Firearms Act of 1934. Unless there were some form of carve-out, this could mandate that American gun owners pay a $200 federal tax per AR-15 that they own. The National Rifle Association’s Andrew Arulanandam told Breitbart News that the current “low end” estimate of privately-owned AR-15s in the United States is 18 million. A tax of $200 on 18 million AR-15s means that gun owners could potentially be required to a pay a collective $3.6 billion in taxes, if this policy were enacted into legislation.
The 2nd Amendment is just one of many constitutional rights that will be in jeopardy in this election.
You can read more from our friends at Trending Politics.
Posted with permission from the DC Patriot.